WIFI COVERAGE BOOST
What is WiFi Coverage Boost?
WiFi Coverage Boost gives you free access to more than 150,000 fixed BT WiFi hubs across the UK in areas of poor signal coverage.
How do I get WiFi Coverage Boost?
We’ll automatically add WiFi Coverage Boost to your account when you join EE Mobile.
If you’re an Apple customer, you just need to make sure your WiFi setting is switched on.
If you’re an Android customer, you’ll need to complete these steps:
- Switch on WiFi on your device.
- Go to your WiFi settings and select Add network.
- Enter EE WiFi-Auto as the Network name.
- Under Security select WPA/WPA2-Enterprise (varies by device and might say WPA/WPA2/WPA3-Enterprise).
- Under EAP method select SIM. If your device shows Select SIM card, it should be set to EE.
- Select Save.
- Check that EE WiFi-Auto now appears in your Saved networks list.
You’ll now automatically connect to all WiFi Coverage Boost hubs going forward.
I don’t want WiFi Coverage Boost, how do I deactivate it?
Switch your WiFi setting off on your device or choose ‘Forget network’ on EE-WiFi-Auto in your network settings.
What happens if I switch off WiFi Coverage Boost?
- Your network coverage will not increase in hard-to-reach areas.
- You’ll lose access to WiFi on the London Underground.