TRANSFERRING YOUR CONTACTS TO A NEW DEVICE
If you’ve got a new device and you want to transfer your contacts, (and photos, messages, and everything else) here’s what to do. First, choose your device from the listed options.
Transferring contacts to your Android device
- Make sure your contacts are copied to the SIM card or memory card of your old device.
- Select the Contacts application on your new Android device.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Select Manage contacts then Import/Export.
- Choose the relevant option to import from, Storage, SD card, or SIM card.
- Select where to save your contacts to either sync with email account or save to phone.
- Contacts will start automatically importing and you’ll see the number of contacts imported.
Transferring contacts to your Windows device
- Make sure your contacts are copied to the SIM card on your old phone.
- On Start, swipe across and then tap People.
- Tap the menu button (3 dots) and then Settings.
- Tap Import SIM contacts.
- The button will be dimmed once your contacts are imported.
Transferring contacts to a Blackberry device
Switching devices using a media card
If you have a Blackberry smartphone with Blackberry 7 OS or later, you can use your media card to switch devices.
- On your old device, tap Search and type Device Switch in the field.
- Setup will appear in the search results.
- Click Setup > Device Switch > Using a Media Card > Save Data and select Continue.
- When your content has saved to a backup file, take the media card out and put in your new BlackBerry 10 device.
- When the screen on the left shows, type in your backup file password and your items will start transferring to your new device.